Friday, May 20, 2016

Blue Clover TV

So . . . I didn't sleep much at all last night, thinking about the possibilities with a potential project I'm considering.  Blue Clover TV.

It would be my own on-demand, subscription channel, with several 'series' - basically different categories of videos (a bi-weekly 'taped live' type show, several featuring different styles of music that I do, a series of fan-created videos - got your attention with that one? - and several others.)

It would be what they call an 'add-on' subscrpition of $2.99 a month for Amazon Prime Subscribers.  To get everything that I would be producing. 

I would have to pour my heart and soul into this, and while the concept is VERY exciting . . . I woke up from what was just a short nap this morning with my doubts and worries in full force.  In my experience, I could work my ass off and create something really cool . . . and then . . . nobody gives a crap or even notices.  We live in a media world full of what we call 'polished turds'.  In other words, what most people pay attention to is high production cost, highly advertised crap. 

What I'd be offering is pretty much the opposite of that.  I would make it the best quality I could, but it would most certainly be 'lo-fi', but the songs are great.

What I have to figure out now is . . . would anyone give a crap? And/or, should I do it anyway!?

If you've read all this, THANK YOU!  And I'm very curious if anyone has any thoughts . . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment