Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Days . . . Simple Things

I had a great day Saturday! First, it was an awesome day for a drive . . . warm and sunny. Took a good friend along with me, shotgun. (Thankfully, 'cause it's always good to have assistance when I'm 'working'). So, it was enjoyable 'right out of the gate'. Put me in a good mood.

I drove out to Jamestown, TN for an interview on WDEB . . . the DJ, Gary Clark was quite nice and the interview went well. I got to play three songs live on the radio, and Gary invited me to come back sometime "during the week, and we'll let you play all night long . . ." That sounds pretty good! He said that they've been playing some of my songs - which ALSO sounds pretty good. WDEB broadcasts simultaneously on 103.9 FM and 1500 AM, also on cable. Thanks for the support, Gary!

Then, it was on to Byrdstown, TN . . . but not before stopping into a very cool general store (complete with wooden indians on the front porch) for homemade fudge (Maple Nut, thank you very much) and ice cream (okay, I know . . . my diet sucks!). I think that some of life's best times are these kind of brief moments. The simple things in life are the best! And of course, any time I get to relax a little, I'm a happy camper . . .

We made it to The Dixie Cafe in good time and were greeted warmly by the locals. I love these small towns, and the people I find in them. When they all fell into silence for the soundcheck and stared at me, I knew it was gonna be a fun show. (Call me crazy, but I enjoy a large audience who are paying attention to me!) And these folks did not dissappoint . . . they were very responsive and they enjoyed my music. I can't ask for more than that . . . but wait . . . there WAS MORE . . . I even got booked for another show . . . at an Arts Festival (the "Fresh Air Arts Festival" on June 20th) - thanks to Alice, a very nice woman in the Dixie Cafe audience. These good folks bought a bunch of my CDs and tipped generously. The food was even excellent! Johnny (the owner) was great, and I'm booked back on August 22nd.

If every day was like Saturday was . . . life would be pretty darn good!

The good news is, that it CAN be . . . And it's interesting to ponder how the simple things (the weather, being with a good friend, homemade fudge) relate to the success of the rest of the day. Those simple things certainly contributed to my mood/attitude/energy . . . and THAT must have affected the rest of the day (interview/performance). So, what can I do toward making every day like my very enjoyable Saturday? Well . . . seems to me that I can be aware of my mood/attitude/energy and keep THOSE things positive, so that the 'cycle' that is, after all, life, stands a much better chance of ALSO being positive. (I'm also not ignoring all the hard work that went into scheduling those things and the press release which led to the good turnout.) So, "hard work and a positive attitude" . . . hmmmm . . . who woulda thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment